Saturday, May 12, 2012

CHINOISERIE


Since the seventeenth century, Chinoiserie in art and architecture has reflected the influence of oriental textiles and ornament. From there it went to fashion ... and never really left. And I'm so glad! The fabrics in this tote and slacks make me happy. I picked the blue shirt because it reminds me of Wedgwood blue, and makes this skin look like porcelain.


I added some cosmetics that I think are a little remeniscent of Geisha makeups. Just a little bit.


Altogether I think a modern casual redo of a classic idea. Most pieces shown available at the Culture Shock charity fundraiser. :D

Top: TokiDoki "Spring Top" (mesh)
Pants: Miamai "Mahvi Vintage Red" (mesh)(Culture Shock benefit item)
Purse: Miamai "Traveler Bag Sakura" (at Culture Shock)(includes poses)
Ring: La Gyo "Cube Ring" (Culture Shock benefit item)(texture change)
Shoes: Your Skin and Your Shape "Brera" (at Culture Shock)
Hair: Exile "Violetta" (at The Dressing Room)
Skin: Kooqla "Ojen"
Eye Cosmetic: la Petite Morte "Diffused Makeup" (Culture Shock Benefit item)
Lipstick: Redbird "Pinup Lips" (Culture Shock benefit item)
Eyes: Ikon "Horizon"
Lashes: Glow Studio "Innocent. eyelashes - pure"
Poses: by Miamai (incl. with purse) and Long Awkward Pose

Love,
Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment

play nice please