Saturday, May 19, 2012

NOSTALGIA


Nostalgia is more a styling choice today than an actual mood. I fell in love with Villena's simple Varsity Jacket. It brings up the feelings of a distant idealized past. Many people look back on the past longing for a lost time or place. I'd rather look forward, but I wish I had a clearer idea what to look forward to and what to wish for. I'm not an optimist by nature or experience but I still like to indulge in a little hope. Don't we all?


It isn't just a jacket. It includes several versions, male and female, the jacket alone or with several t-shirts built in underneath. All nicely designed. I managed to combine the mesh top and bottom by wearing the larger jacket with the very skinny version of Maitreya's jeans. I would have paid for jeans but these were a store gift! As it happens the "dirty" version was my favorite color.


Jacket/Shirt: Villena "Varsity" (mesh)
Jeans: Maitreya "Zipper Skinny Jeans" (mesh)
Boots: J's "Sabo Boots" (texture change and with/without knit socks)
Hair: Lamb "Ruby" (mesh)(yup I had to modify my head to wear it!)
Skin: Mynerva "Milena Preview" (other variations available in store)
Eyes: Ikon "Horizon"
Lashes: Glow Studio "Innocent. eyelashes - pure"
Poses: included in Art Dummy bench (tres vieux)
Location: my Place

Love,
Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment

play nice please