Monday, July 11, 2011

PAPER BIRDS

I need to practice origami. It's been years and seeing this cute kimono brought it back: Sitting on the floor with an instruction book when I was eight or nine years old. Beautiful paper spread all around on the floor, from which I had chosen an intricate blue and silver printed tissue.

It was the gorgeous paper that drew me in. But after I made a little flock of colored paper cranes, I loved the little birds enough to keep folding them in pristine white sheets. Over later years of drawing and painting my taste expanded beyond beautiful glowing jewel tones, to include black and white, and all the subtle tones of gray in between.

... I fell in love the moment I saw this sim. When I studied Art in college, I had a major crush on mixed Charcoal and Ink Washes.

Kimono: Yumeji “yukata orizuru”
Hair: Ivanka Akina “Akina” (I tinted the flowers)(at Hair Fair)
Skin: Glam Affair “Sakura”
Eyes: Fashism “Sunrise”
Poses: by Long Awkward Pose
Location: China

Love,
Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment

play nice please