Friday, October 16, 2009

FAIRYTALES GONE WRONG

I think I fell asleep to the sound of the Grandfather Clock. So I dreamed I was back in Drowsy, looking at the town Clocktower. In my dream I could hear the chimes but, oddly, the hands of the clock wouldn't move.

I wandered around, looking for someone, but nothing else was moving either. A magic fish frozen in midleap.

Only huge balls of pollen and dust floated by through beams of light. I was caught for an eternal moment staring at the light, and for that perfect moment I stopped too. Is this place caught in a spell?

I shook off the silence and kept walking. Maybe I felt uneasy. It was as if something dangerous was looking at me. I did not dare stop moving again. I realized this was a world where bad things could happen to little girls.

When I came to the sea there was no place else to walk. Afraid to walk into the water, but afraid to turn my back on the woods of this strange island. As will happen in dreams, I looked at myself from the outside, detached, as if this girl were a stranger. "She will be all right." I said it loudly, and yet it was a prayer. "She will be all right ... as long as she does not look in a mirror."

Dress: Violent Seduction “Forgotten”
Shoes: Dilly Dolls “Plain Janes” (color/texture change)
Hair: Amacci “Alice” (silver)
Skin: &Bean “Lake Smiley Pale” (group gift)
Eyes: Poetic Color “Night Rain”
Poses: by Animazoo
Windlight Setting: Torley’s “2013”
Location: Drowsy

Love,
Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment

play nice please