Monday, February 1, 2010

J'ADORE CARIBE

I seriously LOVE this skin! Let me count the ways ... I love love love the rich color. I love the down to earth human-ness of it. I love the shiny spots, bumps, freckles and texture ... the unplucked eyebrows. Come on, take a closer look. With all those grooming faux pas, still ... undeniably beautiful.

Today is February 1. In the United States we are celebrating Black History Month. My feelings about that are complicated ... as I have mentioned before, I grew up in the Caribbean. I remember my elementary school lessons about Crispus Attucks, Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman &c. But like a LOT of people in the Caribbean, I am a mixture of white and brown and red. Should I take sides? Whose side could I or should I pick? For some people the choice is obvious. Whatever my family tree is, my skin looks white. ... But I don't want to choose. I love it all.

Skin: My UglyDorothy "Black Beauty" (gift!)
Hair: booN "DDD110"
Eyes: Poetic Color "Night Rain"
Shirt: Second Wave Apparel "Cami-T Lace Trim Tradewinds"
Pants: Immerschoen "Jean Samoa Light"
Shoes: Zero Number "Flip Flops"
Location: Emvee Cuba

Love,
Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment

play nice please