Monday, June 13, 2011

TRUE COLORS

I wanted to do another post inspired by the 1980s. Perhaps I should apologize in advance?

... nah, it could be worse. The hair is bleached blonde with colored streaks a la Cyndi Lauper, and pretty big on top, but not too big. Yes the jewel-toned collar is turned up, and the shoulder padding is quite large. My earrings dangle and my bangles jangle. Large brightly colored lips in honor of Kelly LeBrock. (If you never heard of her, she was the one with the pillowy lips when Angelina Jolie and Liv Tyler were in diapers.)

But I could be wearing an izod polo, a plaid shirt with gold threads in it, or an aerobics outfit with a headband, belt, stirrup leggings and striped knit legwarmers, a la Jane Fonda. I could have a giant spiral perm. Or ... hammerpants *shiver*

Even the deities of fashion know better than to recycle old fashion fads without alteration. They are modified and toned down to make them more palatable. Still, I cringed the other day when I saw the cork and hemp wedge heels at the shoe store. I can tolerate a lot of things in Second Life that I can't stand in real life.

Jacket: The Secret Store “Mrs. Jones’ Jacket”
Leggings: Leaks “Zombie Got Me” (unavailable I think)
Earring: Je Suis “Africain Earhoops” (Texture Change)(Accessories Fair)
Bracelets: Erratic “Twisted Bracelets” (Texture Change)(Accessories Fair)
Shoes: Purrfect 10 “Serenity Lazy Sunday Rose”
Hair: Exile “Voodoo” (Texture Change Streaks)(Chic Birthday Event)
Skin: Glam Affair “Layla” (Zombie Popcorn Hunt Prize)
Lipstick: Glam Affair “Layla Lipstick – risque” (a zillion colors available L$50 each)
Eyeshadow: Natural Beauty “Makeup Set 14 – makeup 5”
Eyelashes: by Exodi
Eyes: Fashism “Sunrise”
Nail Polish: Tres Blah “Nail Color (Eggplant)” (from multipack)
Poses: Dismorph and ImpEle

Love,
Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment

play nice please