Thursday, April 22, 2010

PERSPECTIVE

I went to the Alternative Fair expecting a romp through latex, tattoos and schtomper boots. But ... Frankly, I went to the Alternative Fair expecting less than Art. In my heart of snobby hearts, I don't call it Art unless it makes me think.

Take a long look at these glasses. ... (and imagine that my right lens is animated with the static of an off-the-air television screen) ...

Our ability to perceive distance, and understand three dimensional spatial perspective, relies mostly on binocular vision. Art can imitate depth of field using linear perspective, focus, by putting a grey haze in the distance of a landscape, but with only one point of view, our vision becomes flat. With one eye covered, does it matter how many windows or lenses I place in front of the other eye? Should I filter half of my vision through the static of a video screen or media opinions? Or should I give myself permission to see what I see?

Some people don't want to know what I see. I could make them happy by removing my head. I wouldn't see or think a thing. I couldn't speak. Would that work for you? ...

Me neither.

Glasses: Cobrahive “Fawk Glasses” (Alternative Fair Item benefits Nothing but Nets)
Jacket: Arai “Nylon Parka_glay” (no that’s not a typo)
Shirt: hate this “t-shirt meh. F”
Pants: LG Concept “Tattoo capri yellow” (exclusive at The Dressing Room)
Shoes: Kookie “Athena Silver”
Hair: lamb “Ambrosia”
Underpants: Cupcakes “Sporty Panties”
Skin: Tiktok “Lola Imagination tan-summer sky”
Eyes: Poetic Color “Night Rain”
Poses: by Dismorph, Long Awkward Pose and Pididdle
Photostudio: by N30

Love,
Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment

play nice please