Wednesday, August 12, 2009

GETTING ALL STEAMY

The first annual Steampunk / Cyberpunk Festival is underway and will continue through August 28th at the Pavo Isle Sim. I was a little surprised by how small the Cyberpunk side is but I suppose it's a new event and it should improve next year. I couldn't resist another period gown from the Laughing Academy. I am only wearing the top half here but I want to point out the detail on the bodice. The front has a window showing you my inner robotic workings. And I am wearing some Fall-Front trou's that I nicked out of my husband's closet.

You can see the lovely keyhole detail on the back of the bodice, in case those inner workings need maintenance. And the tattoo is an unlikely but interesting combination of gears and poetry.

And these shoes! The copper heels! little copper cog ornaments ... even the eyelets for the shoelaces are cogs.

Now this is why I "borrowed" some trousers instead of wearing the skirt. The Horseless Gown is simply a fabulous drive, the gown portions are color-change. To use it, rez it on the ground, then sit on it. When it appears the door is open so you can see the luxurious upholstery inside. When you sit the animation shows you climb inside and the door closes. Lovely.

Shirt: Laughing Academy “Katinka Clockwork Bodice” (part of gown)
Pants: XCentricity “19thC. Fall-Front Trousers, Walnut Pins”
Shoes: Laughing Academy “Industrial Strength Steampunk Court Shoe”
Hat: Hatpins “Steamy Victorian Ladies Top Hat”
Earrings: Bliensen+Maitai “IndustrialRevolution”
Tattoo: Silentsparrow “toxine dress tattoo” (part of outfit)
Hair: Sky Everett Designs “Kiera”
Skin: Your Skin & Your Shape “Emma Milk – 02 – SmokeyRose”
Eyes: Poetic Color “Night Rain”
Vehicle: Curio Obscura “Horseless Gown”
Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Love,
Serene

3 comments:

  1. I am so curious about that fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) It is good fun, not too big, very cute gifts from a couple of vendors. I hope it is more popular next year so there will be more people participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh another post about the festival here:
    http://littlemisshater.blogspot.com/2009/08/steampunk-luv-at-cyber-festival.html

    ReplyDelete

play nice please